Monday, April 1, 2019

my shoulder!!!! arrrgh!!!

Oh the frustration. I have a torn rotator cuff ligament and bursitis and arthritis in my right shoulder. The bursitis and arthritis have bothered me since last year. They slowed me down enough to result in a DNF for my last two races. Now there's a tear in my rotator cuff.

The question is...do I have the surgery as soon as possible with hopes of salvaging some of the summer triathlon season or have it done when convenient, realizing that I probably couldn't recover in time to train well enough to compete in this years races.

I posted the question on the Pathetic Triathletes Facebook page to see what the triathlon community has to say. So for the general consensus is to resign myself to getting the surgery, healing properly and getting strong again for 2020.




No comments:

Post a Comment